Monday, January 7, 2008

Price Control for IT Products? Soon?

I was shopping for Brother ink cartridges at Sunway Pyramid. I initial intention was to shop at Low Yat Plaza or PJ Digital Mall, but due to distance. I decided to settled for Sunway Pyramid.

Look at the pricing for both, same product; but different price.

I shall not disclose the name of the shops that I bought these ink cartridges from. I was first walked into a shop that sells mainly printer ink cartridges & toners. The price quoted was RM58 each, the sales assistant added, "Best Buy sir".

I then visited the next shop, after several rounds of negotiation, I got three ink cartridges for RM38 each. Thinking I got a good bargain, until I walked into Harvey Norman. RM100 for 3 ink cartridges - each works to about RM33.33. I just made a bad business choice that resulted me paying extra RM14.

I forgot the government tagline - Pengguna Bijak.

A good lesson today.

No comments:

Blog Archive